Come to our Marine Mammal Surveyor Course! ORCA are one of the UK’s leading whale and dolphin conservation charities, and we undertake our citizen science surveys on the UK and European ferry network. We are running our one day classroom based training course in Oban, to train up local people to undertake our surveys on the CalMac routes around the Hebrides.
You will learn how to:
• Identify whales, dolphins and porpoises
• Interpret their behaviour
• Record scientific cetacean sightings data
• Conduct distance sampling, line-transect surveys
• Volunteer to survey the Minches and West Scotland, North East Atlantic, North Sea, Celtic Seas and English Channel with ORCA